I was presented a question this past weekend. A task as it were. Take a few moments to think about and write out what I always needed and wanted in an ideal partner. If I’m ever going to do any amount of personal writing that requires some thought, I’m going to always throw it on here. And so if things were ideal, here how it would go.
- My ideal partner is, above all things, truthful and communicative. She can listen just as much as she can verbalize a thought. She’s not afraid to tell me how she’s feeling even if it’s something that may hurt me and she never lies. I’m not afraid of being hurt. I’m afraid of making the wrong decisions based on me not knowing the whole truth about something.
- My ideal partner is my best friend. We will share a connection that transcends anything we’ve felt before. We will know everything about each other and communicate in a language that is unique to us. She’ll always be the first person I always want to share my brilliant victories and crushing defeats with.
- My ideal partner is affectionate. I’m an affectionate person most of the time and she’ll want to show me how much she loves and cares for me through her affection as well, but not overly. She’ll know the balance.
- My ideal partner inspires me to be a better person. Whether it’s spiritually, physically, or professionally, she always sees how I could be better and knows how to point me in the right direction. Likewise, I hope for her to be inspired by me.
- My ideal partner is intelligent. She has common sense, does her profession or performs in her career well, has a good idea of what is right and what is wrong, and is smart enough to know we can always be better.
- My idea partner is the funniest person in the world next to me. Marilyn Monroe said, “if you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything,” and that’s pretty much the same for me. Laughter is the shortest distance between two people and I plan on being close to my ideal partner.