The Western Conference is ours and we’re coming for you, Lord Stanley!
For the first time is over 20 years, I’m waking up unemployed… and it feels great.
Wow. We look great. That was just a clinic we put on in the 3rd period there. #GoKingsGo
As a Kings fan, tonight is what we want. To be the champ, you need to beat the champ. Hopefully we’ll give a better showing than last year and make it one hell of a series. Go Kings go!
I’m suppose to start playing the happiness list with myself within the next week, so here we go. I’m sure it will grow over time.
List people you truly enjoy being with who make you smile, validate your goodness and make you feel good just being around them.
List places you enjoy being at. It could be a favorite coffee shop, vacation spot, sacred place, hiking trail, your mother’s house, etc…
- thinking spot off Angeles Crest Highway that overlooks the SG Valley
- living room with all doors and windows open
List of your favorite foods. Imaging how they taste in your mouth and savor the experience for a moment.
- Randy’s Calabrese Special from Domenico’s in Pasadena
- porchetta sandwich from Panozzo’s in Chicago
- milk… all of it
List sounds you enjoy hearing: Train whistles, church chimes, birds singing, children laughing, your favorite music, etc.
- movement of water, so rain, streams, fountains, fish tanks etc…
- fans; ceiling fan, oscillating fan, central air
- wood crackling fire
- mechanical clock ticking
List sights that fill your heat with joy and peace or excitement and happiness or awe.
- Looking up at the mountains with a clear sky
- Looking down from the mountains with a clear view
- Looking out the window the entire time during a flight
List smells or fragrances that make you feel good or calm your spirit. Anything that triggers a feel good experience.
- auto and motorcycle exhaust
- certain foods cooking
List things you enjoy touching or feeling, any pleasurable tactile experiences.
- cast iron
List material possessions that you truly are grateful for that bring you comfort and pleasure or make your life more enjoyable and productive.
- iPhone, iPad, and all of my computer gear
- entertainment center; TV, receivers, speakers, game consoles, media players
List achievements you have accomplished in your life that make you feel proud of yourself and competent.
List things you like about yourself.
List things you think other people like about you.
List wishes you have for yourself, your life and your family.
In March 1999, I started at Evox. Yesterday, I turned in my resignation.
My beloved Wayfarers that I’ve had for 15 years, my favorite sunglasses, have been claimed by this cesspool of a city. Besides my dignity, it’s the first major causality in Atlantic City.
Intermittent wifi, pretzels, a 4 ounce drink, and the ability to recline a full 10 additional degrees is not enough to make up for the hell I’m experiencing at 37k feet. I hate people.